Monday, July 21, 2008

Shortly, I will go...

I have decided to make a cross-country motorcycle trip from Tallahassee, Florida, to San Francisco, California. I'll be leaving in about a month and am guessing that the trip will take about two weeks to complete, so I've decided to start this blog to keep track of both the process of preparing and the trip itself.

In later posts I'll detail what I'm packing, the route I'm planning to travel, who I'm planning to visit along the way, why I'm traveling now and what I plan to do when I get to where I'm going. For now, suffice to say that I'll be riding my 2002 Suzuki GS500 outfitted with a couple of saddle-bags and a backpack, a bed roll, canteen and the bare minimum of other luggage. I'll be making a mostly southern passage, avoiding the mountains of Colorado and the open fields of the mid-west. I'll be traveling through Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and California.

Any tips? Any suggestions? Comment here or email me at pecinpah at yahoo dot com to let me know.

1 comment:

Ramage, what? said...

belated goodbye! lol

p.s.

my blog sucks to the maxx right now....

i really want to pre-new years
resolve to update it at least 2 or 3 times a week...